Friday, May 14, 2010

The long range planner


SO, in a senior moment all the way back in January, I chose this weekend to take off from work thinking it would be prom. Alas, it was last week. But the Lord seeing my life in the big picture, knew I would receive a call from my "baby girl" Jenn this early morning on retreat with Campus Focus serving the homeless in Akron and having intense spiritual workouts. She was in a word, exhausted. This mind you, is the same gal that would call at 2 in the morning at slumber parties needing her own bed. She has matured now to listen to her body and know her God-given boundaries. We had a great chance to speak heart to heart on our drive back to Tallmadge and a couple of days of rest should put her back on her feet pdq. Our God is so wise and makes the path clear for what we don't even know we'll be called upon to do at any moment. He is faithful!
Now I will return to my home chores and count my blessings for every dirty sock that covers every precious foot of every single loved one that resides under my roof. "How beautiful upon the hills are the feet that publish good news....."(and have clean socks to wear when they do! lol)

No comments: