Thursday, May 13, 2010

The journey begins....


In less than 2 months Rob and I will celebrate some MAJOR milestones: Our 25Th wedding anniversary on 07/06 and Stephen's 18Th birthday on 07/07 and Jennifer's 21st birthday on 07/23 (also Rob's birthday) With all that in mind, today I begin (again) my attempt to reduce (me) It would be awesome to drop 25 lbs by our 25Th..but alas, I keep it real. For now 10 or 15 would be fine with me as a start. Oh the memories of the metabolism of youth. I have included a photo of what hard work and healthy eating can do to the frame of a young man of 17 years of age! Our Steve is in the gym 6 to 7 times a week and downs protein drinks like it is his job! Enjoy it now son, for as my internist spelled out for me at my last physical, " your at the age where the metabolism actually goes in reverse." Gads! Brings to mind a favorite t-shirt I spotted at Kings Island Park years ago that read: 'FAT PEOPLE ARE HARDER TO ABDUCT!" I chuckle, but would like to get in shape for my future and all the fun of seeing my emerging young adults grow up into healthy, spirit-filled individuals. I will keep you "posted" on any progress.

No comments: