Thursday, June 12, 2008

Relaxation=Vacation

We've now completed day 6 of McAninch local vacation '08. Yesterday was spent as a Mother-Daughter Day at Munroe Falls Lake. Jenn and I packed pasta salad lunch, beach chairs, books and sunscreen (oh yes, and Jenn's ever-present cell phone in case the world ends) and drove less than two miles from Chez McAninch and set up day-camp. It was gorgeous! The Metro Park is layed out over many acres that was once a grand farm. There is lots of grass and many shade trees and a freshwater lake. So many families with children come and Jenn and I were in girl-heaven. Tan and tired, we retreated to home about 3;30. Rob spent the day doing his driveway and patio power-washing and seal-prep. He really didn't notice we were gone.
I am so glad we went. My Jenn and I rarely have one on one as our adult lives are busy on so many levels. I cherish the time spent to catch up on all things big and little. No beach trip would of been more satisfying.
We saw two little girl babies in ruffle bottomed suits and missed our Cate. I hope she will come up before the summer is over and we will take her to Munroe for a picnic. "In the good ol' summertime...it is certainly good! ~B~

1 comment:

The Riggs Family said...

We're hoping to get up one more time (at least Cate and I are...I don't know if Eric can get too much more time off and he wants to use what little vacation days he has left to get some stuff done around the house). Looking forward to a picnic :-)